There will be times when you need to operate the HPLC system without an HPLC column installed.
- Troubleshooting sources of contamination, carryover or artifact peaks on a column;
- Measuring the HPLC system delay volume (gradient delay);
- Testing the performance of the injector;
- Testing the performance of the pump;
- Testing the performance of a detector module;
- Running HPLC Operational Qualification Tests (OQ);
- Running HPLC Installation Qualification Tests (IQ);
- Running Performance Verification Tests on a Module (PV);
- Running many of the ASTM Tests (e.g. "Baseline Noise & Drift Test").